Campus District Recognizes Achievements at Annual Meeting
The 2015 Campus District Annual Meeting, held on November 4th at Cathedral Hall at Trinity Cathedral, brought together community members, partners, stakeholders, and businesses to celebrate a year or achievements and growth in the Campus District. Accomplishments of the past year were shared with attendees, awards were presented to various neighborhood partners, and keynote speaker Dave Gilbert, President and CEO of the Greater Cleveland Sports Commission, Destination Cleveland, and the 2016 Republican National Convention Host Committee, shared insight about the convention and its anticipated impact on Cleveland. Following the meeting, Dr. Vida B. Lock, Dean of the School of Nursing, led a tour of CSU’s new Center for Innovation in Medical Professions for anyone who was interested.
Thank you to all annual meeting attendees for sharing breakfast with us and for being a part of the Campus District! Thank you also to our keynote speaker David Gilbert, Dr. Vida B. Lock of the School of Nursing, Campus District Board Members, and our breakfast providers: Lutheran Metropolitan Ministy Central Kitchen, Coffee Drop, and Young Sprouts Food.
Congratulations to all award recipients!
- Outgoing Board Members: Melanie Falls (Applewood Centers, Inc.) and Tom Kuluris (Liberty Development)
- Visionary Award: Dr. Ronald Berkman, Cleveland State University for Creation of the Education Park with community partners
- Leadership Award: Councilwoman Phyllis Cleveland for advocacy for East 22nd Street infrastructure
- Partnership Award: MidTown Cleveland, Inc. and Ohio Department of Transportation, District 12 for collaboration with Campus District, Inc on a new East 22nd St-Carnegie exit.
- Investment Award: Care Alliance for new $11million Central Neighborhood Clinic
- Volunteer Award: Superior Streetscape Team (Bill Gould, Harriet Gould, Dan Jakubisin, Bill Jean, Steve Misencik, Scott Murphy) for Treelawn Takeover project
- Volunteer Award: Chris Babb, Barb Trepal, and Ralph Trepal of St. Peter Church for hosting Superior Initiative gatherings.
- Volunteer Award: St. Vincent Charity Medical Center Employees for East 30th Street Clean Up and Beautification
Thank you to our Annual Meeting Sponsors!
Thank you to our new Campus District members!
Jennifer Blumhagen Yarham
EdArch Associates, Inc.
Environmental Design Group
Kurtz Brothers, Inc.
Ohio Educational Credit Union